How can I avoid injuries?
Some things to keep in mind to avoid injuries are:
- Don't aim too high! Gradually build up to your desired level.
Start your sessions with gentle warm-ups and end with a cooling down period.
- Watch for warning signs. If you feel pain in your joints, feet, ankles or legs - STOP!
Pushing yourself could lead to injury.
- Be aware of signs of possible heart problems; pain in the middle or left
of your chest and neck, or in your left shoulder or arm. If you suddenly feel dizzy,
break into a cold sweat or faint - STOP exercising. Seek medical treatment IMMEDIATELY.
- Take precautions in hot weather. Exercise in the morning or evening,
drink lots of fluids and wear light, cool clothing.
- Don't take vigorous exercise for two hours after a meal and make sure that you finish exercising
20 minutes before you eat.
Back to Bikeschool